Wednesday, July 29, 2009

이상

I attempted to use all logic and scientific understanding to comprehend my Nikon, but all attempts to do so proved futile. It's so freaking weird.

After 3 months of buying the camera, I woke up one fine day to realise the mode dial wasn't working. So I contacted Nikon and the person told me it must be a problem with the contact point. So I had to fix it, but since I knew a trick to make it work, I pushed back the appointment for my little baby...A few months later, it decided to switch on and off on it's own, and by then I couldn't take pictures anymore. So I knew i had to go and fix it...Contemplated a little while longer till I called Harvey Norman and told them about my problem. So finally, I decided to fix it before I go for camp next week. My plan was to go down to Nikon Service Centre yesterday. So on Monday night, I decided to test my camera for one last time. You see, to confirm the problem and tell the Nikon person as specifically as possible...and amazingly, it just suddenly worked! Like fully functionally, perfectly normally, not failing me in ANY aspect. My question is, HOW? How it something that failed on me for more than a year, suddenly worked when I decided I want to fix it's problem? Any logical explanation is not possible. If it's a problem of contact with the mode dial, not using it for a few months could improve the contact? If it's a problem with the circuit board that causes it to switch off on its own, then the circuit board could automatically rebuild itself to make the camera work properly? HOW?

Collin says I always manage to figure things out myself. THIS, I can't. =.= I'm glad it worked though. At least I didn't have to go down to Tanjong Pagar and get lost there. ㅋㅋㅋ! Maybe God was consoling me for the fact that I won't get my dslr till maybe a month or two later. I'll make do with my functional semi-pro for now. ><

엘리슨.

No comments: