Sunday, June 8, 2008

mirror mirror..

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done and He rested on the seventh day from all His work that He has done.

God rested, so must we. Today I met up with Kexin for lunch at Lot One, and we rejoiced in each others' opportunity to take a good rest after a long week. She began to share with me how Pastor Meng also shared with them the importance of a good rest in SOT. Come to think of it, sometimes we really make ourselves very busy, hardly having enough time to do the things we need to do, let alone those that we want to do. At the end of each day, we end up drained and exhausted, and ask God why is it that we have so many things to do.

I remember reading in the book Boundaries (I bought from attributes) that many times in life, Christians struggle through, having so much to do, continually taking on more duties and eventually burn out. Made in the image of God, we are created to take responsibility for certain tasks. Part of this responsibility is knowing what is our job and what isn't, what we should be doing and what we shouldn't. The author mentioned that any confusion of responsibility and ownership in our lives is a problem of boundaries. Hence, it is important for us as Christians to learn to say "No" and set biblical boundaries in our lives. That is when we can truly become effective in our ministry cause we do not waste time in futile pursuits, but what God has really destined us to do.

After talking to Desmond and Peixuan, I really think that I am a rather free person. Haha, I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but I do have a lot of time for myself each day of my life to reflect, and to make plans, to think and to analyse. Of course there are times when I am really busy, but most of the time I am able to make time. I guess time management is also a key. Apart from studying, I've learned to set aside time for play and for serving God, and I guess this helped me from burning out. I never want to be too busy for someone else in my life. I want to be able to be available when people need me. Maybe that explains things a little.

This first week of the 21days of prayer and fasting has been just great. I am totally in awe over the move of God in my life and the things He had spoken to me through others, and He caused me to realise that I need to slow down, and take a look at how good He has been to me in my life, ever since I have chosen Him over all the other things in my life. He had placed so many opportunities in my life to serve Him and others and I haven't took time to be realise it and be thankful to Him. The chances that I get, many people yearn to get them, and i forgot to realise how blessed I was. It's so important to look to the Blesser, and be thankful for the blessings, and not be focused on the blessings He gave. With all the word of wisdom,word of knowledge and prophesies spoken to me this entire week, I really feel that God is so so so faithful and all knowing. There is no one comparable to Him and what He has done for me in my life.

I must learn to be thankful, not regretful.

Stephiephoe.

No comments: