Monday, December 1, 2008

death

I actually wanted to blog about my new toe socks, but that somehow doesn't click with my thoughts right now.

Within 3 days, I received news of 2 deaths. The death of Chinling's grandmother and John's mother are too coincidental. Going for the funeral service yesterday and watching life transformers just set me thinking. Isn't death scary? How it leaves the living longing, how it grieves the living, all the psychological trauma it has on the people the dead leaves behind? When i heard amazing grace yesterday at the funeral, I thought of grandpa. He died when i was so young. I remembered that I didn't know what death meant at that time, and at the funeral, my younger cousins and I were still playing with plasticine and were ambivalent to his departure. It wasn't until the last day of the funeral when the adults were in tears that i realised he has gone to be with the Lord. and there, amazing grace was played to send him on his way. When I saw how chinling and her relatives cried at the loss of their loved one, i couldn't help but cry. The thought of losing a loved one is indeed scary. Yet it is comforting to know that they will go to be with the Lord. But what about those who have not known the Lord? we'll never get to see them again. Let this thought only serve as a motivation to evangelise. What we choose to do now has an eternal impact.

Don't cry my lover totally suits the emotion now.

<3

Elison.

No comments: