Thursday, April 2, 2009

clride.n


This is SHINee in Clride.n webpage. Ahh, my almighty Key-gun.

Anyway, I had been really busy this few weeks, last week I was caught up with university application, and this week there has been lots of work to be done. In addition, morning prayer meetings were on, so I didn't exactly had the time to use my computer at home. It's a pity that I can't blog of my apple though I really want to- I'm using the office labtop here. Hmm, 3 more hours to cell group meeting!

Updates? So far, only NTU has called me to go down for an interview on the 13th. Well, NTU School of Business. Okay, I've heard many told me it's a prestigious school. Yea, I guess I oughta be thankful to God for an opportunity like this, but I've never dreamed of studying business or accountancy. Medicine and Law have always been my ideal choices of education, but i guess...ahh..Whatever comes is what.

Sometimes, things often don't go the way we want them to. The Bible calls us to guard our hearts. As humans, this heart that God has given to us is vulnerable. It's as if it has a mind on its on. It thinks the way it wants to depsite conscious efforts by your brain to control it. If we are not careful and let everything in without caution, the consequences can be dire. We musn't forget that we cannot turn back time. James often says "If only, if only we always know what's the consequences, then there wouldn't be so many regrets already. " And it's true. If only we know that what is happening today would happen, maybe we would have used a different approach. We would have been more accountable. We would have been more careful. We would, we would...but for fact, we didn't. Even for myself, sometimes I find myself trapped in this "we would" and "if only" kind of situations. There are many things, we as carnal flesh, cannot see, but our spirits, with the help of the Holy Ghost can look beyond and unto God, who is all-knowing. Bible calls us to walk by faith, not by sight. Faith is trusting in God amidst of all that is happening around us, and flowing with the Holy Spirit, doing that of which gives us peace. I hope I won't live life to regret it, but every bit of it, I'm still learning how to make the fullest of life, for the His works.

Submission is never easy. Each one of us, regardless of gender, has ego. Some bigger than others. Many a time, our ego gets the better of us. I mean it's always easier to share your views and opinions with someone than for that someone to correct your views and opinions. We enjoy winning, we like being right. We all desire to feel smart and good about ourselves. That is why submission requires courage. The boldness to accept the fact that you might be wrong, the boldness to admit to your wrongs and start all over again, the courage to accept new ideas and methods. Many of us are egoistic, but not courageous. We report, not account. To submit is to to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others; to yield oneself to the power or authority of another and even to defer to another's judgment, opinion, decision. 10 letters. 1 BIG WORD. I hope to be someone more submitted to authority as well.

This little brain of mine. It's often preoccupied with many thoughts. Is it because I'm a woman? I remember the conversations I hold with the people around me. Every now and then, the entire conversation will replay in my head, and I'd ponder over what was said, whether there could be a better response, a question that I could ask, or something like that.

Opportunities are rare to come by. Know what is right and flow with God. Cherish. Don't take for granted.

I'll be back to pen down my mountain of thoughts again soon.

Elison.

No comments: