Tuesday, September 30, 2008

those were the days...

<3 prelims. HAHA.

I was flipping through The New Paper when I came across the report on how self mutilation among youths is on the rise. The report included the testimony of this girl who would cut herself due to the stress of school, family and relationship. It reminded me of how I used to be like her. In depression, I would slit my wrist and cut myself on my arm, whenever I feel sad or lonely. I remember how I'd be crying while quickly and swiftly making multiple cuts on my arm. It'd bleed and hurt, but the pain is sufficient to temporary numb what I feel inside. And when the pain of the wound wears off and that of the heart overwhelms, the process begins all over again. At that point of time, when I'm fully conscious, I would wonder why I even do it, and the swollen cuts look utterly unsightly.

What a solution. Thank God for Him who saved me from all these unnecessary pain of slitting and crying. Thinking about the past, I feel foolish, for even taking that route. Physical pain can only numb the emotional pain, but not take it away. And more often than not, it makes things worse than before. It's great to be out of depression, I don't know who I'd be if I hadn't met God. WOW. Timing.

To whoever who may want to embark on self mutilation as a solution: it is stupid, don't begin. To solve a problem, you need to get to the root of it.

5 days without school! More mugging. A month to the big day. Gonna meet blossom tml! LOVES!

elison.

No comments: